Thursday, January 14, 2010

1:25 AM

Maggie is still on China time.  We are making sure she does not sleep past 3 PM and she is NOT happy about it.  She cries and just really wants to sleep so bad and I really just want to snuggle with her and watch her sleep.  But.... we are pushing through this and hoping and praying she will switch over to Alabama time.  Maggie was sleeping all through the night in China, so I know she can do it.  She has had so many changes in her little life. 

We have been so blessed by our friends here.  They have been bringing us dinner every night and it sure has made us feel so good and loved.  I feel certain, we would be eating out every night if we didn't have the meals coming.  Thankfully, Chuck is off work this week and we are taking turns sleeping and staying up with Maggie.

I have LOTS of pictures of our sweet girl to post, but will have to do that later.  Maggie is doing so good !  She is in LOVE with her daddy and thanks he is so funny ( we do too !).  She is tolerating me right now and I just keep holding and loving on her.  We know that this is "normal" for her to do and bonding takes time and patience.  A friend asked how it felt to have a daughter that is adopted ?  Chuck and I both agree - It feels just the same as having our biological boys.  We love her just the same, no less than if I carried her for nine months.  What a wonderful example of God's Love for us !!! 

4 comments:

MamaHen said...

Oh Kathy, I know you must be tired and somewhat overwhelmed. Thanks goodness for good friends and church family.

I can't wait to see her at home!

Julie said...

Hi Kathy. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.... happy, tired, excited, and overwhelmed. I will be praying for Maggie to bond with you quickly. After you wait so long to have them it must be so hard not to comfort her the way you would like to. But with God's help and some time she will adjust just fine. I am sure! Be blessed today and try to just take it one day at a time.

((HUGS))

TanyaLea said...

So glad to hear that things are going well on the homefront. Thank the Lord for wonderful friends and family! God is GOOD!!

Praying that you all are able to get your hours turned back around to US time...including Maggie. Sounds like you are on the right track. Praying that she adjust soon and that her heart continues to heal quickly so that she can move beyond 'tolerating' her new mama. I know the two of you are going to have a strong and special bond one day soon. God is faithful and He will see you through!

BIG HUGS!!

Gavin's Family said...

I will be praying for the whole family as everyone gets use to this next chapter in the Beams house.
Are the boys still in the honeymoon stage with their new sister?
I hope you get some serious sleep soon.

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)