Tuesday, December 29, 2009

She's grieving.

Today has been a little tough. Maggie is realy grieving and she hasn't
eaten in over 24 hours. When we try to give her a bottle, she gets
mad and clamps her mouth shut. We know this is very common when
children are grieving, but it is still hard to watch her cry and know
she won't eat. We are trying everything, and know eventually she will
take her bottle and eat. Right now, it is the only thing she can
control and she is letting us know that she is not happy. Please pray
that she will start eating and that we will have patience.
Maggie is sleeping very good and slept al through the night. I've even
been able to sooth her and let her sleep on me for a while. She is so
smart and is starting to copy a few things. We've seen a couple of
smiles today and she loves playing with her toys and Chuck's watch.
The boys saw Maggie today for the first time on Google video chat and
they were so happy and talked to her. She had no clue what was going
on, but it was wonderful to talk to the boys and see them this
morning. I miss them so much !
Walker and Will : Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you and love you so
much. I hope you are having a GREAT day and we will be home soon.

You have been sent 4 pictures.


DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg
DSC_0028.jpg

These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/

3 comments:

Hope-ful said...

Kathern Ann: Thank you so much for sharing these photos and thoughts with us. I am keeping your daughter's crying picture on my monitor while I have my quiet time because I feel like she feels right now. She is helping me to see how much God loves and cares for me and I need that reminder. Don't we all? I love you guys, Hope-ful =}

Donna said...

Hang in there. Things should get better each and every day. You have done your homework so you know that all this is normal (but still SO very hard). Give her space and time to get to know you guys. LOVE seeing her finally in your arms!

TanyaLea said...

I will definitely be praying for your sweet girl. I know she is grieving, and that is good, as it will help her to bond more quickly with you. But I know, still very hard. It helps me to prepare my own heart for when we travel to Khloe, as we know how deeply loved she is by her nannies...and how that love is mutual. So we will be praying for your family, knowing very well that we are not far behind. Maggie is just beautiful, and I love seeing her in your arms. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us!

Blessings and Hugs,
~ Tanya

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)