Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shapes.


I started showing Maggie what a circle was a while back.  Whenever I saw something that was in the shape of a circle, I would tell her " that's a circle" and make a big deal about it.  Then, I moved onto showing her what a square was.  For Christmas, I got Maggie a short board book about shapes and we have been reading it everyday (about three times a day or more). She loves it !


Now, she knows all her shapes.  Yep, even the odd ones like arrow, oval, rectangle and diamonds.  She can't say them ,but when I ask her where a certain shape is she points to it.  Crazy Amazing if you ask me !!!


You see, I honestly didn't know what Maggie was capable of when we first got home from china.  I wondered if she would just lay on the floor and look at her hands all her life.  It is a horrible thought to have, I know.  And, if she would have laid on the floor and looked at her hands all her life, we would have loved her all the same.  We just didn't know.  We took each day at a time.


But, now.  Well, Maggie is blowing me away with all that she is doing.  She is signing everything we can teach her and just picks up new signs so fast.  Her speech is improving, not as fast as I would like, but still improving every day.  She no longer needs Occupational Therapy for her hands.  She can stack blocks up so high they almost reach her head, draw a circle, feed herself and string beads - yeah !!!  Go Maggie go !!!

God, we thank you again for all of our prayers you have answered.  We know your timing is always perfect and trust you with all the unknowns that lie ahead.   Amen.

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Go Maggie, GO! That's wonderful!

Ginny said...

Yeah Maggie. Sounds like you have a smart girl on your hands.

Wife of the Pres. said...

And I thank God He chose you and your husband for her b/c many people would have left China without her, especially if they thought she would lay and stare at her hands all day.

Thank God for Maggie and her family!

The Gang's Momma! said...

What a great post!!!! I love your heart for your daughter.

I just heard about a fun, inexpensive game called Red Rover from a friend. She's amazed at the "push" it gave her little girl and I'm looking at getting it for Li'l Empress for Valentine's Day, you know, instead of so much chocolate ;)

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-R3191-Red-Rover-Game/dp/B00383GDXE/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1296155440&sr=1-1

The Gang's Momma! said...

Oh yeah, and I'm gonna be connecting with our ENT and Audio soon to start the conversations about baha's for Li'l E... They are going to re-evaluate her to determine if she'd benefit and/if her mastoid process has ossified enough.

And one more thing: we're seriously praying over the possibility of seeking out another microtia/atresia file for the next adoption. Pretty premature to decide that now but praying over it nonetheless. With the stuff that God's been speaking to us (me) regarding "listening environment" (see my posts of 1/25 and 1/27), I think He might be doing a work in the spiritual that we're learning in the physicality of Li'l E's need. Just thought I'd share, as you likely know what it's like :)

EmpowerOnline said...

Really nice blog.........Maggie is so cute
Empower

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)