Saturday, January 8, 2011

Maggie's first haircut.

 I decided to cut Maggie's hair last night.  It was getting a little out of hand and mullet looking in the back.  So, instead of taking her to a salon, I thought I would try to cut it myself.  It can't be too hard, right ?


Having NO idea what I am doing and feeling like an eight year old girl cutting her dolls hair, I just started cutting.  It was a little scary at first and I had a moment of " what have I done ?" Then, slowly, it started actually looking like a real hair cut !!!  Maggie did great and she watched her favorite video - signing time-while I cut away at her hair.   I think it turned out really cute.

 Before


After

9 comments:

Ginny said...

Good work mom and I agree it is super cute.

MamaHen said...

You did a great job! I have never cut any of my kiddos hair, well, except for Abbie's bangs. I am too scared! She looks precious!

Melody Lietzau said...

Maggie has the cutest clothes. Where do you shop :)

Melody Lietzau said...

I had a feeling you must make them. If only I could sew Too Cute! look forward to following your blog and keeping up with Maggie

Anonymous said...

wow! I'm impressed. She looks so cute. I make my husband cut our boys' hair. I'm so scare, I'll mess it up!

Julie said...

Way to go girlfriend!! She looks adorable as usual....and she IS always dressed so cute!

Hoping we get snowed in like they are predicting!! Stay warm.

Annie said...

Good job, Kathy! It does look adorable!

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

It look wonderful!!! I did this with Tess a couple months ago when she cut a huge chunk out of the side. And like you I had NO clue what I was doing! Glad to hear I'm not the only crazy mama to grab scissors and go to town on her daughter's locks!
Good job!
Nancy

Karrie said...

Cute hair cut! You did and awesome job!

I think her new haircut accentuates her beautiful lips!!! :)

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)