Thursday, November 19, 2009

Maggie's Room


I made these white, tissue-paper pom poms to hang over Maggie's crib.  I needed something to help fill up this huge wall.  They are really cuter in person than in the picture.
 (I still would love her name painted or vinyl letters above the crib.)

This was my husbands rocker when he was little.  My mother-in-law painted it white and stenciled the little lambs.  The boys have really enjoyed it over the years.
It has been so fun to fill her room up with dolls and toys.  Walker and Will bought Maggie the little white bunny and I ordered the Corolle Calin Yang doll.  She is so cute and soft and smells like vanilla.

I made these "curtains" for Maggie's diaper changing table. 
They were Shabby Chic Target shower curtains. 
 I cut them off and hemmed them, hung them by rhinestone shower hooks and Voila - a magical play area for our little girl

Posted by Picasa
Her crib is just waiting for her. I have a stack of soft blankets and cute sheets ready.
Another doll I ordered, The Stella Doll, is adorable.
  It came with a magnetic pacifier that attaches to her mouth ( and it's the softest doll).
  (I have a little obsession with soft dolls.)


We spend a lot of time playing in Maggie's room now.  It's a fun,bright place to be !
The boys love just sitting in her room and I find myself just sitting there too.


**UPDATE **
Our Article 5 was approved and sent to the CCAA yesterday.  Yippee !!
Our TA will be coming soon !!!




6 comments:

Mandi said...

Love the room. The "clouds" are a super cute idea.

I will be praying for a speedy TA so you can have sweet Maggie in your arms before Christmas.

Hugs,
Mandi

Gavin's Family said...

Kathy, Miss Maggie's room turned out so sweet and girlie.
Congratulations on the Article 5 approval. I will be praying for the TA to show up very soon!

Julie said...

Maggie's room is so sweet. I love the idea with the curtains and her dolls are so cute. I'm not sure what an article 5 is but YEAH!!! If it's one step closer I'm glad. I really hope she's home for Christmas!! Do you have any idea if it's possible??? And since I didn't get a chance to chime in on when I think you guys will travel my guess is Dec 27th. Not sure why but it's my guess and I'm stickin' to it. Lots of love to you and Maggie! :-)

sweet momma luv u said...

Love the room! IT is really cute and your idea of a play area is great!

Congrats on your Article 5. Come on TA!!

hugs,
Jody

Hope-ful said...

Hey Kathern: For Maggie's name or initials above the bed have you considered the wooden letters from Hobby Lobby? I purchased some white script-ish letters for Danielle's initials and then sanded the edges to make the "shabby chic". They are in her room if you want to come look at them OR you can check out my facebook page, I have an album of Danielle's room.

TanyaLea said...

Hi there!! Congratulations and I love Maggie's room...the colors and fabrics are beautiful!! I think a vinyl expression/name on the wall would be perfect for the space above her crib... such a sweet room. Praying your TA comes soon.

I've visited your blog before, as we have some mutual blogger friends, but I think this is my first comment. Such a blessing that you will soon get to bring your precious daughter home. So happy for your family!!

Blessings! <><
~ Tanya

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)