Thursday, November 12, 2009

Celebrating Maggie !



Last Sunday, I was given the Most Fabulous Baby Shower for Maggie.  I was so overwhelmed by all the food, beautiful decorations, fun adoption games and presents !

 It was my desire to celebrate Maggie with friends and family before we left for China. There was possibly no celebration at Maggie's birth, no baby shower or blessings given.  I can't wait for Maggie to watch the video and see the pictures from this shower.
 She was celebrated in such a festive,blessed, Southern way !




My very talented friend Allie made this photo board of Maggie.  I love it !!


These are just SOME of the incredible ladies who helped put the shower together.


Maggie's first Lovie !

Posted by Picasa
A very beautiful sweet dress. I can not wait to see our girl in it !


Maggie's first purse - a  very cute patchwork, zebra purse.
  Oh !!! I love it !
 

My sweet friend, Malissa, is knitting a dress for Maggie.  It is made of the softest yarn and the prettiest blue.


I had a hard time trying to find the right words to express my gratitude for all the beautiful presents I received for Maggie.  How do you express your heart when it is overflowing with thankfulness ? I could feel so much LOVE from everyone.  It was like the BEST Christmas or Birthday party I ever had !  So, Thank you, from the deepest part of my heart - for celebrating Maggie and for your prayers.

Now, I am ready to go to China or I think I will bust !



4 comments:

Michele said...

Oh Kathy! What a beautiful celebration! So pretty!! I got a little misty eyed looking at the pictures - just the thought of a celebration for Maggie. It is such a sweet way to honor her and help prepare for her arrival. It seems most people in my life aren't interested in our process, and I will go as far as saying they may not even like the idea. So what wonderful friends you have! I am sure they are an incredible blessing to you.

I also want to say, you are GORGEOUS! I am totally jealous!

Gavin's Family said...

Miss maggie is such a lucky girl to have so many people waiting for her to get home so they can smother her with love. Kathy you are also so loved to have great friend who adore your daughter from afar along with you and Chuck.
Blessings my friend.

Debbie said...

What a wonderful celebration. I'm so glad you had a great time. Now we just need to get Maggie home, and fast! Come on TA! I'm praying we get to travel together so Maggie & Ethan can play. That would be fun.

MamaHen said...

What a a wonderful idea for your Maggie! How good it is to be surrounded by good friends who love you and your children.

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)