Sunday, September 6, 2009

Maggie's Room

 


This was our Guest Room.

Soon it will magically change into a pink, shabby chic nursery for Maggie. Hopefully, I can get it painted soon, get the crib out of storage and start the transformation. It has been so fun to look for bedding and paint for her room.

I knew I wanted to do something calm and feminine for her. Shabby Chic seemed to be a perfect fit and I love that it is very girly, with cabbage roses and mismatched florals. I wanted to be able to use my grandmother's dresser that is already in the guest room and some old glass lamps I have. The big, functional ceiling fan is going out and a white cottage style chandelier with shades is going up. I was so fortunate to be able to buy her crib bedding second hand from a friend. It is exactly what I was wanting, and much cheaper.

Give Thanks to the Lord, for He is GOOD;
His Love endures forever. Psalm 118:1

3 comments:

Gavin's Family said...

Kathy, it sounds so pretty. I am in the middle of changing Olivia's room to pinks and I found some cool Shabby Chic stuff at Target of all places. We are also working on the boys room. We are going with a milk choc. brown and orange. I'll post pictures when I'm done and you'll have to do the same.

Michele said...

Oh I can't wait to see it! I *love* shabby chic!

I just got your comment on my blog and I wanted to say THANK YOU for the encouragement. I got an email from a stranger this morning that basically said I had no right to be impatient because SHE had been waiting for so long for her baby, and will have another 4 years to go. She went on to say that if I can't handle the paper chasing, I certainly wouldn't be able to handle the adoption process as a whole. Then! She told me that I already have three children, and I need to enjoy them because some people have NO children.

It kind of ruffled my feathers. I was simply venting. Obviously, I understand the process and that it takes a long time.I also know that I am incredibly blessed with my three children. It doesn't change the fact that my FOURTH child is waiting.

Ok, sorry. All of that to say, I really appreciate you sharing with me that I am not alone, and that you understand. Can I ask why it took so long with your homestudy? Five months seems like an eterity. Of course, in hindsight, you can totally see God's hand, I am sure. All of that lead to sweet Maggie, and that is the bigger picture.

Now that I have written a book, I will end it. LOL. Thanks again!

Hope-ful said...

Oh Kathy! Can I help you paint? I am a professional you know.

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)