Monday, September 14, 2009

The Flu !

I have walked around all weekend with a thermometer in one hand and a medicine dispenser filled with Motrin in the other. Fever, chills, headaches and all kinds of stomach issues abound.... How did this happen ?

I tried so hard to protect us from this dreaded sickness..The Flu. I also tried to not get prideful when everyone around us has had it and we didn't. I thought we might be safe, maybe get through this 'flu season' without the flu.

Although it is not confirmed, I am pretty sure the boys and Chuck have the Swine Flu. Thank God, I have been well and able to take care of everyone. I can not imagine what it would be like if Momma is sick too.

I am thankful that we had a restful weekend watching football (War Eagle !!!) and eating home-made soup and cornbread. The boys have loved that they get to drink Sprite and Coke when they are sick and watch their favorite movies. We have been reading our Sonlight readers on the couch and having lots of snuggle time. Hopefully, though, the boys will be over the FLU soon and back to their normal, running around selves !

1 comment:

Tami said...

Oh Kathy....I hope all your guys get better soon, and you stay well!!!

Hugs, Tami

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)