Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lived In Chic.




Last year, our family was invited over to eat dinner with a family that we adore and look up to.  They are a wonderful Christian family that has home schooled and is rearing five beautiful and Godly children.  They are an amazing family ! Their house is also beautiful and I couldn't wait to see what it looked like inside.  The dinner was perfect - fresh vegetables from their garden and a fresh peach cobbler with ice cream. It just doesn't get any better.  They asked if we wanted to tour the house and of course I said yes ! They had done many renovations on it and I loved how it was decorated.  But, the thing I loved more than anything was that there was laundry piled on the guest bed, the kids beds upstairs were still unmade, the master bath had towels hanging everywhere.  It was therapeutic to know that this family was a real, messy, family.  Their house was not dirty ( that's different), but it was beautifully lived in. And the best thing was that they never said " excuse the mess".  I loved that ! They were confident in the fact that they have kids and this is what it looks like most of the time. They were real.

Recently, The Nester posted about Lived In Chic and it was brilliant and wonderful.  Take a peek at the photos and watch the video at the end.  You'll love it. They are a reminder to me to stop worrying about everything not being in it's place, container, shelf or drawer and to enjoy the moments I have with my children regardless of the mess.  These are special times and one day the kids will be grown and gone and my house will be perfectly clean and quiet.  Then I'll be wishing there were Legos and jewelry all over the floor, dirty hand prints on the wall and sticky pop sickle wrappers on the kitchen table.   Oh the beauty that can be seen in the mess.

.

2 comments:

MamaHen said...

I think the "Children are here-lived in look" is the best look out there!

Lesa said...

I love this post! Mine is so much worse. lol Very lived in!! My older daughter comes in from college and says how bad it is, but never offers to help. We run everywhere with the kids activities etc. and I never get a chance just to catch up. One day.....

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)