Friday, May 14, 2010

Cherrios and other updates




Posted by Picasa

Maggie is eating Cheerios !!  I thought the day would never come.  But, tonight I was feeding her spaghetti, peaches, and eggs ( I know very random) and I thought I would try giving her some Cheerios.  I was amazed that she just let me put them in her mouth, one after another - no crying fit or anything.  This is the first crunchy food Maggie has eaten.  She is doing so good and will usually eat whatever we are eating.  She can pick up a cheerio with her fingers pretty good now, but has not ventured into self-feeding yet.  Also, I have not been very consistent with putting food on her tray to let her try and that is something we are working on now.
Other updates

1. Maggie is walking a lot steadier and loves her new skill.  She also loves to hold our hand when she walks and we sing a little song about walking and stopping - she thinks it is funny!
2. Maggie is using her hands so much better ! She has much more control over her fingers and hands and can push a tiny button with her index finger or thumb. She can turn the page in a book or open a closed book with her thumbs ( hard to explain, but it is a higher skill)
3.  Maggie is hearing everything ! She recognizes her name and will come to me if I call her.  She turns to sound very quickly now.
4. Maggie is vocalizing sound a little more every day.  She still has not said "hello" again, but she is playing with voice and tried to mimic the Meow sound today when we were reading her cat book that she LOVES.
5. Maggie loves water now ! She enjoyed swimming with her daddy and the boys in the lake and still loves her bath time.
6. Maggie will not be getting a cochlear Implant any time soon for reasons that are complicated, but make sense.
7. Maggie was evaluated by a physical therapist for Early Intervention and sailed through.  The PT will just continue to monitor her, but she does not need physical therapy. Yahoo ! We needed some good news!  
8.  Maggie is not looking at her hands hardly anymore. She has found much more interesting things to look at now.  She loves to play with her toys and her magnet board is on of her favorites.
9. Maggie knows the meaning of these words
 ( meaning she can point to or look at when I say them) - Tree, rock, light, book,bath,dog, bite, eat,milk,all done, more, daddy, mommy, car (beep,beep), purse, swing and rocker.
10.  Maggie is still the sweetest baby ever and we are so blessed !


4 comments:

Monica Hawkins said...

"Praise Him, Praise Him tell of His excellent greatness...." Praising Him with you for all the VICTORIES in Maggie's life. I love that little girl. :)

MamaHen said...

Thank you for the updates. And I know you are rejoicing at all her new things. I still don't know how you get anything done. I would be kissing those cheeks all day.

Julie said...

Yeah Maggie!!! So proud for every accomplishment! She sure is a cutie pie! No kidding, I think every time I see her photos she is cuter and cuter. (not to mention... you dress her in some of the most adorable clothes!!) PTL for all her milestones!!

Many Blessings!!

Ginny said...

Rejoicing with you!

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)