Thursday, March 4, 2010

Busy, but doing great.

So, I have been a little busy lately. I finally put my Super Mom cape back on and it has been wonderful to be back to normal.  Walker and Will started base ball practice this week, Maggie had speech therapy ( still doing great - YEAH !), Home schooling is taking a lot of my time but this has been our best year ever.
Just look at Walker's smile.  My boys love their sister and it is the sweetest, most happiest thing to watch them with Maggie.  Their love for her is so pure. They respect and honor her and have learned so much (first hand) about compassion and gentleness.  Oh, and I have finally been back to my sewing.  I made this dress and a couple of boutique pants with ruffles.  I get a little addicted to sewing for Maggie.
It's just so stinkin' fun  !
I love this picture of Maggie because she was having a 'bad hair day'.  Do you see that hair sticking up in the back ? I think her hair is growing and is in the awkward stages. But still so cute.
I just had to take a picture of Maggie when she was asleep. I want to remember how sweet it is to see her all cuddled up with her Minnie ( thank you employee pharmacy !) and all snug under her handmade blanket from Mrs. Dennis ( thank you !!!).  I think it is so sweet that she has her arm around her Minnie.

Posted by Picasa
And lastly, our Maggie is such a ham.  She has a very silly side to her that I get to see now and then.  God is so good and I am still so amazed that Maggie is here, in my arms and in our family.  I have so many thoughts about special needs adoptions and am hoping to write that post soon to get these thoughts out of my head and onto paper.  I can't imagine our life with out her and her life with out us.  She no doubt would have never had the chance to have a hearing aid or to speek normally.  She would have been classified as an unfit, unable to be educated, or to learn a trade. It is unthinkable !  Maggie's future is so bright.  No doubt she will be a Godly woman that will make such a difference in this world.  Her spirit is so strong.  Her Joy for life is so big. Her abilities are endless.  We are just beginning to see what Maggie can do and it is amazing to watch her '"come alive". 

5 comments:

Gavin's Family said...

The look on Miss Maggies face in the last picture is priceless!
So glad to hear the boys are so in love with their sister. She is so blessed to have them as are they to have her.

Debbie said...

Maggie is a cutie pie! I love her precious smile. And her hair is so cute. :-) I'm so glad she is doing so well. I can't wait to read your thoughts on SN adoptions. I have a feeling I'm going to be in agreement with you! :-) I have the opportunity to talk to my MOPS group about adoption and my head is just spinning. Praying that I can say the right words.
Enjoy your precious princess!

Julie said...

Kathy,
I am looking forward to reading your thoughts about SN adoptions. I hope you will share your experiences about the unknowns and how you and Chuck handled them. That is such a hard one for us. We are always praying for God's guidance and I trust Him to see us through but it is hard while you're in it!

You guys have truly been blessed with Maggie. Glad to hear that you are settling back in to a routine. I think about you guys often.

Much Love!!!

Hope-ful said...

Hey Kathern Ann: It has been a while since I have looked at the blogs I am following so I have just had to play catch up on Maggie's pics. This may sound crazy, but I notice a difference in her countenance since she has the hearing stuff. She seems a lot more engaging. Call me crazy! LYL, Hope

The Ferrill's said...

Hey guys! It's so great to catch up and see all the progress Maggie has made! YAY for the bone conduction hearing aid!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
I hope we can run in to each other at the HEAR center again! (we're there every Monday!)
Blessings,
Laine

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)