Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Boys are in the kitchen !



I went to Williams-Sonoma today, one of my favorite stores. I picked up this cook book for kids (Cooking Together). It has some great, healthy and fun recipe's that are all kid friendly. This is really a wonderful cookbook and the boys are loving it ! They were so excited about cooking their own snack tonight and picked out a recipe - "hummus & veggie cones".



First, I cut a tortilla in half and the boys spread hummus on it. They think it is so fun to spread anything that is messy or gooey.



I cut up a cucumber from our garden and the boys helped to peel and grate some carrots.



Walker was our official carrot peeler and grater and make a fabulous mess out of it !



They put the sliced cucumbers and grated carrots on the tortilla. Then, I rolled it up to look like a cone. Very healthy and yummy ! Gotta love it !

No comments:

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)