Monday, December 15, 2008

Updates

We completed our first Home Study and will have our 2nd one on Wed. Our social worker is very nice and has been working with our agency for about 7 years. She asked us all sorts of questions...Why do you want to adopt ? What was your childhood like ? Do you talk to your brothers a lot ? How often ? We were so excited she was finally at our house ! I didn't go crazy cleaning before she came. I just did my normal straitening up - which some of my friends might think that IS going crazy with the cleaning. But, really I didn't freak out if the house wasn't perfect. I wanted her to see what life is like for us normally, you know with two boys in the house ALL the time.
When she comes Wed. we'll talk about our parenting style, how we discipline, the boys chores and I think about our marriage. Then, she can write up our report and we can finally send off our I800 form. Well, that is if my fingerprints ever get "unstuck". As of today, they still are "Stuck" and I trying not to be that adoptive parent that calls every day to check on them. I have e mailed them each week and they assured me they are working on it. I trust my agency, but it's still hard to just sit back and wait.
I was so blessed today to read Mary Beth Chapmans ( wife of Steven Curtiss Chapman ) Christmas letter. I believe it will bless you too. If you are the rare soul who does not know their story, they lost their 5 year old daughter in a terrible accident this summer. She was their third adopted daughter from China. Mary Beth shares her heart and her memories and it is just beautiful. It has made me once again rethink my priorities. Here's the link :
http://tinyurl.com/5rpztn

No comments:

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)