Saturday, March 28, 2009

Our Garden !



We have been working on our garden lately. Chuck built a raised bed and filled it with some wonderful veggies, lettuces, herbs and strawberries. The boys loved picking out what vegetables they wanted to grow. Their favorite thing they picked out was "chocolate peppermint".

We are praying for a bountiful garden full of great food for us this spring/summer. I have never had a garden and really know nothing about taking care of one. My family loves to tell stories about the time I decided to grow tomatoes and had NO clue what I was doing ! So, I have been reading gardening books and talking to "seasoned" gardeners. I really want to learn as much as I can. Of course, Chuck has way more experience with gardening. We pray "The plans of the diligent lead to profit" Proverbs 21:5a













4 comments:

Tami said...

This is great! We planted a garden with the boys for the first time last year...and it was so much fun. The boys ate the vegetables they got to pick like it was candy:-).

Thank you SO MUCH much for the beautiful piece of fabric and wish/scripture for Sophie. It really means so much. I'll be posting a picture of it in the next couple days as long as you don't mind.

OX~Tam

Julie said...

Hope you have been getting all this good rain that we have for your new garden!! (no storms though!!) Let us know how it well it does. I bet the boys will love it.Take care!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

thanks so much for your prayers for Maggie ... it gives us so much strength to know so many are lifting us up ...

good luck on the garden !!!

Shannon R said...

Great garden! I need to post pics of ours too. I wish I was brave enough to try lettuces! In this hot Houston weather I am afraid they will all wilt and die! Thanks for the encouragement today! : )

Shannon
www.roomformorekiddos.com

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)