Sunday, March 15, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy !!!

We had a great time visiting with family last week. First we helped give my mother and father -in-law a surprise 40th wedding anniversary party. It was so fun and they were totally surprised. I loved seeing all the old pictures of them and hearing all their friends and relatives tell funny stories.
Then, we spent the night with my brother and sister-in-law. The kids love going to their house and playing the Wii. I don't get to seem my precious niece and nephew a lot so we played and talked until we were so slap tired !
The next night, my brother, sister-in-law and their girls spent the night at our house. We stayed up again till midnight talking and the kids played all night.
Whew !!! I am tired. Chuck got back tonight from an amazing Men's retreat at Calloway with our church - 13 men were baptized in the lake where they stayed !!!! crazy huh ?

I am still waiting on my home study to be approved by my state AL ICPC and then I can file my I 800 A form and maybe, just maybe......get my dossier to CHINA !!! It is so difficult to wait, and wait, and wait. Will asked the other day "Mom, how many more DAYS till Maggie ( the name we have given our little one while we wait - not necessarily the name we will use )comes home ?" I wish I could have answered him with a number. Instead I say " Oh, maybe next year." Lately, my heart is heavy thinking of her and knowing she is somewhere waiting on me. I pray God will protect her and hold her close in His arms. It's a very unusual and amazing thing to LOVE this child I have never met, to almost feel her hugs and hear her laughter.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Oh the wait...it's just plain HARD...but it does ready your heart for when it does happen....hopefully sooner than you think;-). I can say this with all confidence that His timing IS PERFECT, without a doubt.

Praying for a speedy process...

I LOVE the name Maggie!

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)