Monday, June 21, 2010

Maggie Updates

Maggie has been with us six months now and boy has she changed !!! She is feeding herself now and loving real food.  Her favorites are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, burritos and lasagna.  Maggie is also tolerating getting her teeth brushed now - still not loving it though.  She can also do the sign for "more" and "all done".
We think Maggie just gets prettier and prettier every day.  Her hair is really growing long and I am not sure what to do with it because she has to wear her headband ( bone conduction hearing aid) every day.
 Any suggestions ?
She loves her American Flag and we are looking forward to celebrating the fourth of July this year.  Independence Day has a whole new meaning now !
Posted by Picasa
This picture was taken in China on the famous Red Couch in Jan. 2010.  Maggie was fourteen months old.  I am still A-MAZED at how much she has changed in just six short months.  She is catching up so much developmentally now and babbling more and more.  We LOVE her so much and although I have said it a million times I will say it again " I can't imagine our life without her".  She is an amazing little girl so full of life and personality.  Every day she surprises us with something new she can do.  It's like she just changed over night ! Unexplainable, except I know that LOVE had everything to do with it. Thank you Lord for the gift of Maggie !

7 comments:

Monica Hawkins said...

She gets more and more beautiful everyday!!!

Julie said...

Amen!! Thank you Lord for Maggie. She certainly is a doll and I couldn't agree more...she gets cuter by the day! She is really growing. It looks like she has gotten so much taller. And I CAN NOT believe it has been 6 months since she came home. That means almost 1 year since you saw her little face for the first time. Wow, time flies!!

Many Blessings!

Gavin's Family said...

Miss Maggie has come so far and you guys have done such a great job of help her get there.
Congratulations on your six month anniversary!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

To cute :)

Annie said...

She is just blossoming! What a blessing! Her hair is looking pretty cute, sporting that short layered style bob, with the bow/headband it is adorable!
As I had mentioned awhile back, I see you are Auburn fans, as are we! We are heading that way on Friday to pass through and have lemonade at Toomer's, then onto Lay Lake for vacation. Can't wait!! War Eagle!

Shirlee McCoy said...

She is gorgeous!

Nicole said...

Maggie is just precious! I came across your blog on No Hands. We are in process of adopting our daughter from China . Peyton has sn is microtia and we will be picking her up in July in Nanning. I am always so interested in reading blogs of kiddos with the same sn. It has become such a wealth of info! As I was reading your blog I noticed that the pink and white dress that we won in the raffle from operation giggle was made by you!It is really cute!
I can not wait to see Pei wearing it!
Nicole
www.journeytoourlittleladybug.blogspot.com

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)