Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Adoption Paperwork.

I am still doing adoption paper work one year later.

In the state of Alabama, you have to apply through your local courthouse to re-adopt.  The re-adoption will then allow us to get Maggie an Alabama birth certificate.

Personally, I think it is crazy to have to re-adopt my child that is fully adopted and fully my child. Crazy !!!

But, since I am at the mercy of this insane governmental laws right now, I spent most of the day yesterday doing paperwork and gathering the necessary forms so that we can re- adopt our already adopted daughter.

I was told you don't have to have a lawyer in order to re adopt in Alabama.  So, I just did all the work myself.

I figure if I can put a Dossier together for China, I can fill out a couple of forms.  And I did.  It was pretty easy and the clerk at the courthouse said it looked fine.  So, I am not sure why some people use a lawyer and spend hundreds of dollars ?  Let's pray I did everything right and we will not have to hire a lawyer.

Now for some pictures.  Merry Christmas !




3 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on getting the paperwork done yourself!!

Maggie looks so cute in her Christmas attire. Her hair is growing out too!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Suzanne said...

Hooray! It feels so good to complete paperwork without help. :)
Though TN does not require readoption, I did it anyway. It was recommended and I am so glad I did. Though the US already recognizes and acknowleges our girls' adoptions, it sure is nice to have it on the books in the US as well. It was very emotional to receive Cate's TN Birth Certificate. I love that under "Mother's Name"...it has my name...not "Unknown." Having a US Birth Certificate makes things like applying to schools, to get a Driver's License, etc, so much easier. :)
Keep some kleenex and the camera handy...I imagine the day Maggie's arrives in the mail, you're gonna need both. :)
Maggie is just radiant!

Merry, Merry Christmas.
Suzanne Rowe from TN

Julie said...

Hi! It is the same way here in Ohio. We had to "refinalize" our adoption. REALLY?! It totally did not make sense to us either. We finished it up at the end of last month and now are waiting for the birth certificate. We did not use a lawyer either. Glad to hear you did not waste the money either and that you are finished. The pictures are just adorable!!!! Merry Christmas and God's blessings for 2011.

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)