Thursday, August 27, 2009

I made a dress !



Isn't it so cute ? I wish I could say it was easy peasy, but the directions were not as detailed as I would have like them to be. I cut out the pattern wrong, and had to go back to the fabric store and buy all new fabric. But, after I got it cut out and penned together, it was pretty easy to sew. I really enjoyed putting it together and now I am a hooked on sewing these cute dresses. The fun part is picking out fabric and imagining it on our Maggie !

3 comments:

Gavin's Family said...

Kathy, the dress is oh so sweet. You did a great job. I can't wait to start on Gavin's wardrobe, I just don't know if I should start yet if it's another 6-8mo. before he comes home. Keep us posted if you make Maggie any more cute dresses.

Julie said...

You did a great job and that was fast!! It is a really cute dress!! You know a little jumpsuit would be neat to make and I bet not too hard to cut and sew. I wish I could sew!!! Maybe one day. I can't wait to see it on Maggie. Take care!

Christen said...

That's so cute, I've always wanted to learn how to sew, especially now that I have a daughter!

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3
We have a daughter !!!!!!
Maggie Caroline was born Oct. 29, 2008.
She is in the SWI of Gaozhou City,China.
(
Guangdong Province)